My little angel in the snow

My little angel in the snow

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Even though it is the New Years holiday it is hard to
celebrate with the death in Gaza and other parts of the world. When my mother asked me how I was this morning I could not pretend to be ok, I said "sad for the people of Gaza." She then said, "don't think about it, stop reading the news focus on the beauty in your own life." I thought about what she said alot this morning and this is my thought....

Death, close your eyes, pretend not to see, hear, feel the pain of others, blood pouring down the streets, blood of the children of Gaza staining the pavement,close your eyes,pretend not to see, hear or feel the pain of a mother wailing for the life of her child, on her knees, praying to God to bring her baby back, kissing his cold lips,caressing his soft cheeks, Death,

Safe in your home on this wintery day, the beginning of the year, your child peacefully sleeps,cozy in her warm bed, why not the children of Gaza,Iraq,Afghanistan. Who decides that they are not to have sanctuary of a warm bed, sleeping soundly,peacefully.

Bombs, the sound of drones overhead, anxiety, fear, terror on the faces of the chidren of Gaza. Will it hit us, my family, my home, my bed.....The earth mourns, tears of blood stream down her cheeks, mourning for the death of her people, she will turn her face away now, the pain is too much.

To close your eyes and pretend that we are not a part is without consciense. I will raise my voice , I will open my eyes, I will acknowledge, educate those that pretend not to see.

I am a mother, the same as the mothers of Gaza, the same as the mothers of Iraq, the same as the mothers of Afghanistan, the same as the mothers of the Congo, the same a the mothers of Darfur, the same as the mothers of Tibet, the same as the mothers of China, the same as the mothers of the world who hold their babies close to their bosum and pray for their future, feed them when they are hungry, clothe them when they are cold, love them as any mother should....

God, please I am one with all of the mothers of the world, we are one and when one feels death, we all do, when one feels loss we all feel loss and when blood flows from children , it is all of our blood, all of our children. It is time to open our eyes and recognise that we are all part of the same GOD,whatever name he takes, she takes.

The death in Gaza effects us all. So, I will not stop paying attention and focus on my world, because their is only one world and we are all one being. This is it,this is what we have, here, now, now,now,now, only now can we open our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment