My little angel in the snow

My little angel in the snow

Monday, December 29, 2008

My first entry...

As I am listening and watching on the internet the atrocities in Gaza, I feel like I must be a contributor by doing nothing. What else am I doing but pay attention? How can I pretend that Iam okay, safe in my warm home with food, electricity, health, family,energy,consumerism. It all boils down to greed and hatred as I see it. There are the halves and the halves not (although it is not that black and white) and I am a member of the the halves, pretending to be okay, walking around in my oblivion concerned about christmas presents for my children while the children of Gaza are slaughtered and the people are bombed out, caged like animals with no way to feed or get healthcare for the sick and needy.....christmas presents, overloaded at work, bills...these are all meaningless experiences I am creating to confuse myself of real and unreal, peace and war, democracy and empire, death and life. My heart pours from the people of Gaza as do the tears from my eyes....God please release the evil from the world and let it begin with ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment